What is the concept of Souland Estates Homestay?
The Souland Estates Bungalow is a colonial style structure built in 1955 where your host family stays. The Cloud 9 Cottage, The Granary & The Loft are separate private cottages located within the property with easy access to the Bungalow. Nestled amidst 22 acres of coffee estate, this is a perfect getaway for your soul. Experience more meanings of “home” through beautiful mornings with piping hot coffees, delicious homemade delights from the secret recipe book handed down over generations, estate walks along elephant corridors, long conversations under the night sky, bonfire evenings, everlasting friendships, and more.. Come, be part of the family. Relax you’re home!
Who is my host?
Well, the number of hosts keeps varying across seasons. The man in charge is Jayaprakash, fondly known as JP. He’s an Engineering Consultant with about 40 years of experience. His wife, Prabha (who is actually the one in charge ;)) is the lady of the house and loves gardening,cooking and filling up everyone’s tummies and spoiling them silly!. They have two daughters Jyothi and Jyothsna, and a granddaughter, Tejas.
What facilities are available in the Homestay?
- We provide yummy food, both veg and non-veg. Most vegetables are grown on the estate premises under the supervision of the lady of the house, fondly known as Amma! So you can be fully assured of the quality of the food.
- We also have uninterrupted high speed WiFi internet that can be accessed from all common areas, verandah, hall and dining areas, and sometimes, if you’re reaaally lucky, in the gardens as well!
- Laundry service is available. However, drying clothes during the monsoon season would be slightly difficult, but we’ll give it our best shot!
- Taxis can be arranged on request. You will have to pay the taxi-guys separately but we can definitely recommend some trusted taxi services!
- You can also avail the absolutely FREE facility of long-drawn conversations with the host family on any topic under the sun! We have in stock lots of stories about the history of Coorg, grandfather’s army days, process of cultivating Coffee estates, Amma’s adventures with recipe discoveries, and even our love stories, if you are interested! We are also good listeners and love to listen to every story you’ve got for us!
- (Of course this is optional. If you want a quiet time, we shall just talk to each other and not get in your way! We Promise! )